Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How Do You Say "Screw Cancer"?

Despite battling cancer for years, Don enrolled in a class to renew his professional credentials.

Gary proposed to his long-time love, and married her on a beach in the Caribbean.

Julie booked a ticket to Italy, and took the trip of her dreams.

Cancer survivors, you are a breed of strong all your own. Perhaps the bravest thing you do: continue to live your lives and hope for a cure!

Send us your "Screw Cancer" stories and let us share them here, so others can find inspiration from those of you who fight the good fight, and most importantly, live the good life.

5 comments:

  1. Julie was a friend and coworker of mine and she'd be so thrilled that you included her. Thank you for this site - it's great & I'm going to share it with everyone I know.

    Best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, thank you so much for your comment. It makes me happy you think Julie would be pleased with this. I told her sister, Gwen, if anyone embodied the spirit we were trying to encourage it was definitely Fluffy.
    Best,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made my dad a TOXIC MAN T-shirt to wear to the clinic while he sits there all day for chemo.

    He says he tells good looking girls, "come here and give me a toxic kiss!"

    Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Screw cancer - go to Mexico. That's what I did after my chemo was complete. My friend KJ told me about your site - way to make lemonade out of lemons. Best to all in this battle.

    Diane
    www.writingmamasaustin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Diane, I had no idea that you had battled this too. I am so sorry. I remember meeting you ages ago in Nashville, back in our Somerset Farms days. All my best, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete